Tuesday 31 August 2021

Free Party People 1990 - 1992 Rave Mini Mix by DJ FAYDZ

 



"A little trip back to the 1990-1992 Rave years (sampling 84 tracks) where legendary sound systems including Spiral Tribe, Bedlam, Circus Warp, D.I.Y. Exodus and many more, travelled around the UK to put on Illegal Free Parties / Festivals in fields and abandoned buildings, where ravers and New Age travellers came together for a unique time in Dance music history. This was my first introduction to a Rave back then (A small Free Party held in the countryside near Marlborough, Wiltshire in 1991) before I'd ever set foot in a nightclub and I DJ'd at my first Free Party in the Spring of 1992 (on a farm in an old cow shed). I was fortunate to play at many more illegal raves through the 1990's, including the infamous parties held in the empty warehouses by the docks in Bristol, during late 1997-98, where I'd spend most weekends with Rave legends Easygroove and MC Robbie Dee.. Amazing times! I hope this video brings back a few memories for some of you and if you weren't part of the scene back then, hopefully it will give you a little taster of what it was like!" - DJ FAYDZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6g3hraMHcU



DJ FAYDZ

No comments:

Post a Comment