Saturday 29 September 2018

Q&A with DJ REVIVE (+ fresh 4track EP - exclusive free DL)




We wouldn't say he's new to the scene; this lovely man has made a digital 4track EP exclusively for the Strictly Nuskool while completing all 4 tracks even quicker than his usual 165bpm speed.
Get to know DJ Revive from UK, the man who showcases his talent for a modern Happy Hardcore.





(Interview & Editorial by GL0WKiD)






- How long have you been into production and what inspired you starting your own tunes?


I have been into production since 2001 when I made my first tune with DJ Impact from FBI Recordings and always after being in the studio I thought it was time to invest into some studio gear.

The inspiration in wanting to make my own tracks was that I had many ideas I wanted to put into my production and the only way for me was buying studio gear and putting into practice.


- Choose your top 5 labels & artists of all the time.


Labels:                                                   Artists:
1. Just Another Label                            1. DJ Seduction

2. Kniteforce Records                            2. Scott Brown

3. Evolution Records                              3. DJ DNA

4. UK Dance                                           4. Justin Time

5. Universal Records                              5. DJ Demo




- When was your first release ever?

My first ever official release was back in 2006 a track called “Get Your Damn Hands Up” by myself and my good mate Duffy. It was released on Wide Eyed Digital and even that track was full of oldskool stabs and a piano line from congress.


- What's your favourite genre in producing?

Favourite genre to produce is 94-96 hardcore.



- What equipment are you using in your production?

I use Reason 10 for production and a variety of plugins.




- What is the best experience from your Oldskool rave days?

My best experience from my rave days was going to Club Kinetic and I know it’s cliche to say but for me it was the best atmosphere and sound system I heard! Time machine needed please!!


- Can you give a little introduction deep into your new EP on Strictly Nuskool Blog?

This E.P which I have done for Glowkid represents my sound of what I personally like to hear in raves and a sound which in my opinion cannot be beaten for having that feel good factor! The more people producing it the better.



- Any closing message for the Nuskool Hardcore fans and readers of this blog? 

I would like to say a big thanks to Glowkid, The Lowercase, DJ EZC from Hardcore Will Never Die, Beeno for all the support and giving my music airtime and last but not least Insane & Mind for releasing “Thru The Nite” on NuVision Records! Keep your eyes peeled for my next release “Drop The Beat
” & future releases on 4 The Core Records (Bigup Mark!)




"THE REVIVAL EP" is the brand new offering from the Strictly Nuskool exclusive to all fans of fresh Hardcore sounds. The only thing we'd kindly ask you, is to show your support to this amazing producer.
You can download for free his EP HERE  and follow him on the links above.





DJ REVIVE
soundcloud
facebook
mixcloud
twitter

2 comments:

  1. Great write up, Wicked tracks to boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked i enjoyed reading it thanks for the link mate. and no doubt the future is gonna be great for ya.

    ReplyDelete