Friday 9 April 2021

Introducing:: NICE1TOM (UK)





NICE1TOM is one of those DJs that you should definetely add to your schedule. His show are always full of energy as well as his Hardcore which is adjusted to the evolution of this sound.
Based in Leeds, Tom was raised with The Prodigy sound on his way to football matches as his father claimed that it was the most appropriate soundtrack to get mental inside the game. Getting obsessed with music since his teen years, Tom got instantly infected with the unique Hardcore Rave vibe.

"During my early university years I began playing out House music for parties and club nights in which I dabbled in playing out my own productions which I'd clumsily assembled on garageband. Funnily enough as rough and raw as these tunes were, to my surprise I received great reactions on the floor, which spurred me on to dedicate myself further into music."

After all these great experiments productionwise, it was a matter of time to get his 
first official release. A single which came out in late 2020 by the name 'Freq!'; a title which can be seen in the description in all of his pages throughout network. A son of energy who has travelled beyond genres and has now find his own Promise land into Hardcore Rave.

 

"During this time my music taste really diversified, I had become quite removed from the tedious 8 bar loop 4/4 House that I had been surrounding myself with for the past couple of years and yearned to play more eclectic sets. I had always been into Punk and MC's since my early teens, a regular at local punk gigs in Manchester and Liverpool. when I started looking elsewhere for Dance music inspiration I think this quintasessitally british kind of raw ‘no fucks, do what I want’ musical attitude lead my in the direction of Breakbeat Hardcore and Jungle."




"This all aligned perfectly with my absolute disdain for the current nightclubs I was frequenting, in which scowly lads would stomp on one spot nodding their head and everyone was up recording drops on their phone. The rave scene provided that freedom and unity that i wanted from live dance music and more importantly... people actually danced!!!"


NICE1TOM never hides his love for several great old and new acts such as 
The Prodigy, Pete Cannon, Tessela, Special Request, Anz, Innercore, India Jordan, Foul Play and Neil Landstrumm, Swamp 81 crew, Mixtress, Tim Reaper, POLO LILLI, Coco Bryce and Ben UFO. You should reach out to any of his shows or guest mixes to get into his vibe of energy.
Specifically, catch him up live every 3rd Saturday of the month on NARR Radio on 'Hoovertown Council with Tom'. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment