Sunday 16 April 2023

Introducing:: Internal Dispute (UK)



Time to get to know Internal Dispute, the man who has put out one of the greatest '92 inspired records in last year through Cantina Cuts. He is one of those new but old producers within the scene. Hailing from UK, he's been producing for the last 15 years, inspired by the sounds of The Prodigy, Acen, Hyper On Experience, Foul Play, Bass Selective but to name a few and he's been into different types of genres such as Drum & Bass to Garage and Techno.

"I've been producing 15 years give or take but I didn't do anything good until I was about 20. I spent 6 months rexing up loops and cutting up sample CD's so I basically made a library of just the sounds I need for this style and I put that all in one place to work faster. I also went through every file I ever made and took every Rave melody I ever did that was never finished and copied them all into 1 file so when I start a tune I have all these ideas already from things I never finished and I can just work out what bits work with what." - Internal Dispute
He's a loyal user of Reason among his sample library and synths, and in regards with his debut official rave release via Cantina Cuts, he just got in touch with DJ Jedi through Soundcloud. " We had a conversation and he said he was up for it, and I'm mainly interested in doing vinyl so it worked out well. Obviously grateful he put it out and might do another one someday in the future I've got more here and I'm looking to get them released, and expect the tunes to get better as I go along with time. I think it's alright for my first one, I'm pleased with it, but I'm critical of what I make massively. But that just means they'll get better. So look out for future tunes!." he mentioned.

Talking about Reason he said:
"I've always been a Reason user basically from the start, it was the first program I ever owned and I have rewired it with things but I know Reason like the back of my hand so it's hard to move away from it. I was actually still on 5 until my ex girlfriend bought me a copy of 8 and I jumped up 3 versions, but still wasn't fully converted over until 10. 5 and 6 are really different. I'd mastered how to get the best out of 5 so it was strange switching over at first." 



"I had 2 tracks from this release finished and I sent them to him and he liked both of them but wanted 2 more, and he wanted a more upbeat piano style track so I made one of them and then the final tune is the one I made last but I had that drop section with the vocal from about 2009, that vocal loop is something I'd done years ago. Infact the A2 tune I made in 2014 on Reason 5 and I basically remade it in 10 so it's all different times and the B1 track I made in 2018 so a while back as well. Grateful he put them out and hopefully we'll do another one sometime." - Internal Dispute








'Make Me Feel' is available on 12" Vinyl and Digital format through Cantina Cuts.




Internal Dispute
soundcloud
instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment