Tuesday 7 June 2022

'Take Me Higher' by DJ CDC



DJ CDC, the main man behind Dance Music Organisation has recently released a 2-track digital EP, paying a tribute to the late Steve Hoare and Chad 'Aseity' Belbey.
'Take Me Higher' can be found on major music platforms and there's also a very limited run of CDs where people can get in touch directly with Craig on his e-mail and ask for a copy.
Noteworthy to mention that the almighty Rebecca Try of Kniteforce is the artist behind this astounding artwork. And for more details about the tracks, take a gander what CDC told us exclusively on a recent chat we had.



"Well the tracks I wrote a while back, in the same way I always write them. I sit down, start playing with samples in my DAW and see where it takes me.
'Take Me Higher' has a few recognisable sample in it, which I didn't sample myself, I have a royalty free sample CD my wife bought me with a load of vocals on it (same place I got the star trek samples for 'I Need That Drug').

The devastating, motivating, complicated etc sample is actual from my favourite Kurtis Blow track 'I'm Chillin', though never realised it at the time of writing, it was only when listening to the KB track, I heard the source lyrics and was like - wow, no way, I got some Blow in my track, awesome.
The 'That boy's one mean mother fucker' is from The Running Man (Arnie Schwarzenegger) , I recognised it instantly and was like 'I'm having that in my track' and I just happened to find the 'This is one DJ you don't wanna fuck with', and thought it went well with the track and running man sample plus it was biggin' up me as a DJ, so thought it was fun to use.

'Oriental Dreams' however, is a bit of a bootleg. I was heavily influenced by tracks in my collection. The drums are a bit more choppy than I first wrote, coz there was a 'clack' sound in the drum loop I used and all the feedback I got when I played the original to friends was they hated the clack sound so had to chop it out of the original sample, which made it a little weak on a few snares, but it still works. I tend to just play with sounds I like and tunes in some ways write themselves. I also thought to make it more 'Oriental' I'd add running water samples, it reminds me of Chinese restaurants or Koi Carp ponds with the geisha girls and also that track 'Mash Up Da Place' and the intro starts with a similar water sound and says 'Rhythm is fundamental to the spirit, like the beat of a tribal drum' - You might not realise or think so but Oriental Dreams is actually 180BPM ." - DJ CDC

1 comment:

  1. Massive shout out to the one and only GLOWKiD! Much love and respect going out to the Athens massive, glad you are enjoying my latest release and thank your for your support, much appreciated. Peace, Love, Unity, Respect, Live Long & Prosper - DJ CDC.

    ReplyDelete